Learning Log Meeting 2

 My Learning Log 2

Topic of the Meeting

Date & Time

Source

Vocabularies (Word Learned)

Part of Speech

Synonim of Meaning in Indonesia

Used in Context

A matter of Facts: The News Values and Elements

March 17th 2022

10.00 am

A matter of facts: The News Values an Element

(Paper from group 1)

Clarity

Noun

Explication

Kejelasan

News values are general guidelines or criteria which determine how much prominence a media outlet gives clarity of a news story.

 

My Learning Strategies

First, I learned the material seriously, because I can’t understand the material if I am not focused. Then I am making some notes to remind me about the material. And the last I listen to the music that makes me relax and enjoy.

 

Synopsis

(Your thoughts: What you learned)

In their paper of group 1 “A matter of facts: The News Values and Elements”, Journalists are always on the lookout for strong stories in the public interest. Their knowledge of news values will enable them to select stories that can boost their circulation or media ratings. Those responsible for deciding the news agenda are sometimes called “gatekeepers”. Gatekeeping takes place at many levels – the newspaper or broadcast station’s owner, its editor, and senior journalists. Lowering down the hierarchy, reporters will also exercise similar judgments when they choose who to interview and what parts of their reply should be included in their report.

 

Reflection

(Your feelings: What would you do differently next time)

Interpretation

All the information conveyed by group 1 is new to me. makes me want to know more about how to keep a good journal. What's more, it's very important for me in this 6th semester who is often lazy.

Komentar

Postingan Populer