Learning Log Meeting 1

My Learning Log 1

Topic Of the meeting

Date & Time

Sources

Vocabularies (words) learned

Part of speech

Synonym & Meaning in Indonesia

Use in Context

Journalism: Introduction, History, The profession, Present-day journalism

10 March

Student Activities Book by Diane Smith, MJE

gazette

 

Noun

 

Newspaper : Surat Kabar

This gazette appeared in various forms and under various names more or less continually to the end of the Qing dynasty in 1911.

reportorial

 

Noun

 

 

Reporter : Reporter

 

At first hindered by government-imposed censorship, taxes, and other restrictions, newspapers in the 18th century came to enjoy the reportorial freedom. 

indispensable

 

Adjective

 

Necessary: Sangat Dibutuhkan

Came to enjoy the reportorial freedom and indispensable function that they have retained to the present day

endowed

Verb

Bless : Diberkati

endowed by a grant from the New York City editor and publisher Joseph       Pulitzer

proselytizing

Verb

Missionary Endeavor : dakwah atau dengungan

their social responsibility lay in proselytizing their own party’s position

overabundance

Noun

Exaggerate: berlebihan

faced an information-saturated market in which news had been, to some degree, devalued by its overabundance

 

My Learning Strategies:

First, I will read the information generally, and then after the lecture finishes explaining the content, I will make a note of things that I need to write down, such as something necessary, as well as things that I still don’t understand very well. Following that, I may consult with some of my friends, and if their responses are unsatisfactory, I will undertake a Google search.


Synopsis (My thoughts: what I learned):

In his article “Journalism,” 2020, states that there were four factors in the professionalism of Journalism. (According to Brian Duignan of Journalism, This pattern was influenced by four major factors: 1. a rising feeling of social duty on the part of journalists, 2. specialized journalism education, 3. developing literature dealing with the history, issues, and tactics of mass communication, and 4. an expanding sense of social obligation on the part of journalists.


Reflection  (My feelings: What I will do differently next time)

For me, knowing the meaning of journalism was the most valuable experience. I’ve gained a better grasp of the history of journalism. After learning about the history of journalism, I realized that it existed many years before. Because I understand the history of journalism, this information is useful to me in the profession. Because I am not yet comfortable talking to strangers, I will need to endeavor to be more confident and fearless. I had previously overlooked the fact that being a journalist was not an easy task. Alternatively, this might be connected to the information that I lacked previously. This is comparable to when I was too lazy to study more since I believed I didn’t need to know about it. Like history things, this reveals there are a lot of amazing people out there.

Komentar

Postingan Populer